Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Morning Run

I'm a morning runner. I get up fairly early to make sure I get in my run before the day takes a course that I couldn't predict. Typically, I will run anywhere from 3 to 7 miles five days a week with a long run over the weekend. While I enjoy sleeping late during the weekends, the early morning is by far my most favorite time to run. Ida Grove's Pleasant Valley Trail is full of life early in the morning; from Canada's Geese to winter white mink, a runner can take it all in while he or she follows the Maple River. If you're contemplating running our second annual Royal Run, consider that Ida County is one of the best places in Iowa to catch wildlife in action. I've seen deer, fox, rabbits, hawks, and other wildlife in the area, just ready to be enjoyed by the runner who takes the time to survey his or her surroundings.

We hope you'll join us this Heritage Days; if you're staying for more than a day, take an additional opportunity to run or walk the Pleasant Valley Trail.

You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment